Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Don't Count My Years, Make My Years Count

What matters most in life is often viewed as peripheral
to the things that we usually focus on. Passion takes
a backseat to production, wellness to working,and balance
to busyness. The old adage that "life is not a dress
rehearsal" is so true, and yet we act to the contrary by
putting off what is truly important or indulging in things
that are not. On my birthday, stop focusing on my age and
start meditating on my life at this exact moment. How can
I make it better? During the next year, reshuffle my
priorities. Spend more time with God, family and friends,
take care of my body and health by eating well and exercising
regularly,and offer to help others in need. Discover what
matters most to me, and make my daily life into a true
reflection of those ideas, beliefs, and attitudes.

No comments: